Friday 15 June 2012

Van Dusen Gardens

                                                   Yesterday, we went to Van Dusen Garden with our class.  We went to the maze first.  I had a hard time going into the maze at first. When we went in a couple of times we felt confortable with  it.  We timed each other with the adult's phones.  My friend  made it all around in 49 seconds but I made it 2 seconds later. Do you know what time it was?  One of our longest times was 4 minutes at first. Once I crashed into a bush when I  was not watching the dead end while I was running. (It hurted a lot and I think I got a sliver.)  I always called'' Dead End''!!!  Basically everywhere I went there was a dead end.

One of our other things we did  was Pond Peering.  We have two group leaders, they were Jacky and Susan.  First you had to fill your small container half way  full of water.  Then you had to dip your net that the leaders gave you and do a 8 in the water and then scoop the net back up. After you do that, you flip the net inside out and then shake it. When you are done, you look and find your bugs that you caught. We found: a boatman, a damselfly nymph, dragonfly nymph,  mosquito larva, and nematode.  Would you like to go to Van Dusen Garden?

No comments: